Thursday, March 7, 2013

Grilled chicken leg and wheat

Hello,

As I promised in my previous post see below the delicious food I cooked on Sunday: grilled chicken  leg and wheat.
It was actually the first time we cooked wheat, saw it in the super market and thought would be a great way to mix up the side dishes as we usually eat rice. Have you tried it?




We don't cook that often but when we do, we'll cook something that is really easy and simple to make that won't take too much time, and most importantly it's healthy, like the below recipe or salmon on grill with peas puree or shrimps cooked in olive oil with garlic.. delicious. We really love good food from Indian, Chinese, sushi to Hungarian apple soup and Romanian sarmale. We'll try anything.
 As this is my first food post, before I show you what I cooked on Sunday, I'll show you some of the yummy stuff we enjoyed in the past months. 



















I'm guessing you can see a pattern, seafood and chocolate souffles for desert :))
Hope I haven't made you hungry!

And now the Grilled chicken leg and wheat recipe.

Ingredients:
olive oil
vegetables according to your preference, I used red and yellow pepper, tomatoes and zucchini.
1 onion, tomato sauce
salt, pepper







I cut up all the vegetables 




Heat the oil and add the cut up onion, peppers and zucchini and cook stirring for a few minutes then also add the sliced up tomato and cook it until the vegetables are softened, about another 4 minutes





Then add the wheat, I didn't measure the quantity I added, probably about a glass full.

Stir the mixture add 2 spoons of tomato sauce and pour water into the pan to cover the wheat.

Reduce the heat and let it boil until the level of water meets the level of wheat, about 15 min.

And it's done.




It took me maximum 30 minutes to prepare and cook it.

What do you think of this recipe?

Night!
Carmen

4 comments:

  1. seems delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, looks so tasty!

    http://www.im2style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this all looks declicious!!

    x
    http://www.worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I really appreciate it! :)